Netscape will not run for non-root

I have installed Communicator 4.5 in the recommended manner, with the
tarball in /tmp, and using the .dep file as an install wrapper.

No one can run this directly.  As root, the issue is being allowed to
run an suid-root program as root.  If I symlink this, the link runs no
prob.

Other users do not have permission to run Netscape either.  If I
symlink it for them, Netscape runs, but it complains about having too
many files open, and will not display inline images.

Can anyone quickly explain what needs to be fixed with permissions here?

Thanks,
Jeremiah

==
Jeremiah Cornelius
"It's not whether you win or lose, but the platitudes you use."