PPP Dial-up Problem

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Linux, so I was very happy to get my Debian running
KDE and all that nice stuff that comes with it :)  I then went off to
get my PPP connection running, but this turned out ot be a problem.  I
can connect fine, but when I use Netscape or even PING to go to for
example www.yahoo.com the domain could not be located while if I used
PING with the IP address of yahoo.com it would work. (DNS PROB? This
happens on connections to different ISP's also)  I also had another
problem using the KDE dialer.  It dials...connnects, but then I get a
message saying "The pppd Daemon died unexpectedly..."!  Please help :)

Thanks,

Dirk