Re: Changing domain

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> I am moving one of my systems and need to change its FQDN.
>
> Other than /etc/hostname and /etc/mailname, what other files would need to
> be changed?  Both the host name and domain name will be changing.

I've done this before and it is pretty painless, only a small number of
files.  I think this is it (on my system at least):

- /etc/hostname, /etc/hosts, /etc/mailname,
- probably some of your mail config files (I use smail, so
  /etc/smail/config.
- others, depending upon your installation: apache, etc.

My approach would be to use a recursive grep on /etc to find these.  I
think there is a recursive grep in the 'git' package, I think the
application is 'gitrgrep'.

Hope this helps...
Steve