Re: XEmacs C/Java mode configuration

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Thomas Apel wrote:
> if (x)
> {
>   x = 0;
> }
>
> How can I change this? I think I searched the whole options menu but
> didn't find anything. Are there any docs where I could have read about
> this?

M-x info m xemacs RET

should be helpful. (well, I don't use XEmacs, but this would work in plain
Emacs...)

Plain Emacs has a section called "Changing Indentation Style," which
includes this:

`M-x c-set-style <RET> STYLE <RET>'
     Select predefined indentation style STYLE.  Type `?' when entering
     STYLE to see a list of supported styles; to find out what a style
     looks like, select it and reindent some C code.

`C-c C-o SYMBOL <RET> OFFSET <RET>'
     Set the indentation offset for syntactic symbol SYMBOL
     (`c-set-offset').  The second argument OFFSET specifies the new
     indentation offset.

Havoc