Re: Install to removable hdd

It is possible for a disk to be in a state where cfdisk (the program used on
the installation disk) can't work on it, but fdisk can.  fdisk is a bit
harder to use, but I suggest that you give it a shot.

-choose the option on the installation program that lets you exit
to a console

-type 'fdisk /dev/hdb' at the prompt (no quotes)

-to keep from getting confused, use the p command as often as you need to

-the program will ask you if you want to make extended or primary partitions.
  You prolly want to make primary.

-Warning Will Robinson!  If you just type 'fdisk', you will be working on
  /dev/hda, which you prolly dont want to do.

Mike