RE: Any help on X86Config file

I need a sample X86Config file for my system
any one can mail theirs ? I can edit it for my purpose. I could not
locate it on XFree86.org site.
thanks

Here is mine.  There are two easy ways to configure X.
1: use XF86Select
2: use XF86config

The first is a graphical program that runs under X.  It uses a canned config under the VGA16 server, which ANY monitor/card combo will accept. (Like how windows comes up in 640x480 mode).  The only tricky part here is configuring your mouse.  How can you click on the boxes if the mouse is not configured yet?  Use the TAB key to go from box to box untill you get to the one you want.  When the program starts just hit <CR> twice to get to the mouse menu.  Then tab until you get to select where your mouse is (ie: /dev/ttySx for serial mice, /dev/psaux for ps2 mice, or busmouse or whatever.  Tab over to the accept box (is that what it's called? in the lower right corner) and BANG! your mouse should come alive!  It's all downhill from there.  You need to know what make/model video card you have (or what chipset it has, usually the part number is stamped right on 'em).  Also your monitor's hor/vert freq range (you read the manual right?).

The second program is an interactive text mode job.  Not as friendly to use as XF86Setup, but sometimes it will produce a working config, where the 'Setup failed. I've had this happen to me on other computers and got X working using XF86config.  BTW my Config file was produced by the 'Setup program.