Re: /etc/init.d/isdnutils

Hi!

On Fri, Oct 30, 1998 at 07:06:56AM +0000, Thomas Keusch wrote :

> The only obvious "error" I get is this one when calling the script:
>
> Starting isdn services : isdnlogline0: Operation not supported by device
> What might be causing the "Operation not supported by device" error?

ISDNLOG tries to get its information out of the card with the ID 'line0'.
That's OK, because it's the default ID for card-drivers compiled into
the kernel.
Nevertheless the default ID for module-drivers is 'HiSax'.

> What should I have a look at?

The solution is obvious:
Make the card respond to the ID 'line0'.
You can do this by adding 'id=line0' to your modprobe line
(if you load the module by hand or in an rc-script - as it is recommended)
or by putting this argument into conf.modules
(if you let kerneld do the dirty work - not recommended).

> The card is a Teles S0/16.3c1 PnP rev 1.1.

I have that one too, and wasn't getting happy with it until I found
kernel 2.0.36pre15.
With this kernel-patch and the isdnutils included in hamm 2.0 I have
solved all my problems (so far).

Hope this helps.

Mika
--