Re: xterm configuration

tony mollica hat gesagt: // tony mollica wrote:

> Can't seem to find a way to change the
> configuration of my xterms in fvwm2.  I
> would like to change the default scrollbars
> from the hatched display to a more solid
> type.  I've been through a lot of
> documentation and I've either missed it or
> haven't found the right info yet.

Just some thoughts:

xterm uses the Athena widget set for the scrollbars, menus etc. Maybe you
could experiment a bit with different Xaw packages, like Xaw3d, Xaw95 or
Nextaw. Install them all plus xaw-wrappers and put you favourite "AW" first
in /etc/ld.so.conf.
Mine looks like this:

--- /etc/ld.so.conf ---
[...]
/usr/X11R6/lib/Xaw95
/usr/X11R6/lib/Xaw3d
/usr/X11R6/lib/neXtaw
/usr/lib/libc5-compat/Xaw95
/usr/lib/libc5-compat/Xaw3d
[...]
Don't forget to run ldconfig again after the changes.

I like especially Xaw95.

--
						     __    __
 Frank Barknecht	   ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______