Re: lilo (linux only hd -> dos only hd), no solution possible?

On Thu, Oct 29, 1998 at 05:19:24AM +0000, Kevin Grant wrote:
> Thanks for the help I've gotten on this so far.  Unfortunately it doesn't
> seem to be working.  I seem to be caught in a catch-22 situation as far
> as getting the system to behave as I want it to.  Here's the situation:
>
> I have one dos/windows only hd.  I have one linux only hd.  I want to be
> able to boot up linux and then use lilo to move to dos if I desire.  The

Well, you have 2 solutions both of them are described
/usr/doc/lilo/Manual.txt.gz.

1) linux stay on the first disk seen by the BIOS : you'll have to use
MAP-DRIVE in /etc/lilo.conf

2) let dos stay on the first drive and install lilo in the MBR of the first
drive.

All the details needed are in lilo's doc.

--
Laurent PICOULEAU
   lcrpic@a2points.com