Re: How to check for new packages at debian.org ??

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Andreas Neukoetter wrote:

> is there it tool which allows me to check for new packages at debian.org ??
> i simply want to get a list of _all_ packages that are newer than the ones on
> the last (official) cd.
> i've got a very fast connection at work so it would be very easy to update my
> "mirror" (at home).
> (it's not a real mirror ... it's just an archive of _all_ packages ...)
> since i've got to use N(o)T(hanx) at work i can't use a simple script :8
> any ideas ???
apt-get update :) if you point it at the right place apt will get the
list of current packages for you, my /etc/apt/sources.list file looks
like this:

	deb http://ftp.questnet.net.au/debian unstable main contrib non-free
	deb http://ftp.questnet.net.au/debian stable main contrib non-free
	deb http://ftp.questnet.net.au/debian-non-US stable/binary-i386/
	deb http://ftp.questnet.net.au/debian-non-US unstable/binary-i386/

but it cam be just as easily pointed at any mirror you want :)

Nikolai