Re: dselect can't download Packages.gz

Thanks for the offer Peter, but this isn't a newbie issue for me. I've been using debian for 2 years and never encountered this problem before. For a temporary workaround I downloaded the entire stable debian distro and am using dselect via the 'mounted' method. But this is impracticle and static, which is why I need to get dselect going via 'ftp'.
Is there any settings or script I can edit for dselect? Any way to force it to download the Packages which dselect itself knows is there? Any fix for dselect (or is it dpkg-ftp's fault)?

Paul Quinn

>>> Peter Iannarelli <Peter.Iannarelli@genxl.com> 10/27 3:22 PM >>>
Hi Paul:

Try ftp.debian.org.

Assuming your the Corel in Ottawa.
I'm going to be in Ottawa on Sunday. If all else fails
I can burn a CD for you. Let me know.

Peter