Re: Using debian as a file server

*- Clovis Sena wrote about "Using debian as a file server"
| Hi all,
|
| what do I need to make a win95 to see and uses my Debian as a file
| server???? A print server is also available?? how can I configure all of
| it??
|
| Any help is wellcome!!!Thanks.Clovis Sena.
|

| NOTE: I work in a environment that includes Win95+dos6.22 as clients,
| Win NT and Novell 3.12 as servers ( running a mix of database+ intranet
| and internet access + mail(most uses outlooks/messenger) )   ; so I
| would like to introduce Linux as a option as server ( files + web
| services) as workstation ( that needs access to all of these resources.)
| Its driving me crasy! So that's why I need helP :>).

Install the samba package.  Then read the docs in /usr/doc/samba there
are more than enough documents in there.  You also should look at
/usr/doc/HOWTO/SMB-HOWTO.gz, and of course the samba man page and all
the man pages that it refers too.  There is also a great web site with
lots of mirrors at http://samba.anu.edu.au/samba/.

If you are running hamm then install the samba package from slink as it
is the latest stable release from the samba team(1.9.18p10).

--
Brian
							   - unknown