Re: Linux on 4Mb

On Tue, Oct 27, 1998 at 11:49:08AM +0100, Bostjan JERKO wrote:
> Is it possible to install Linux on machine with 4 Mb and of course it should work.
>
> Bostjan

	Don't know about Debian 2.0, but I installed Debian 1.3 on a 486sx
25MHz with 5 MB of RAM and a ~110MB harddrive.  I had about 16MB of memory
after using about 12MB of the harddrive for a swap partition.  And swap it
did, especially when running X.  With a fairly minimal install that included
X-Window I used about 60MB of the harddrive.  When I added the kernel
sources and a graphical card game, about another 15 MB of disk space were
eaten up.

	It worked, but couldn't do much with it except play cards :)

	Ta,

	Gerald