GUS PnP with isapnp & alsa-modules

Hi Debian Users!

I'm trying to get my GUS PnP working under Debian 2.0 using Kernel
2.0.35, isapnp and the corresponding alsa-modules.
My first question: Is the alsa-Driver OSS-compatible? I initialized my GUS
using isapnp as I've done under my prev. distro(it worked there), but the
alsa modules don't seem to get loaded correctly (some error which i can't
remember (i'm here at my box at work...) when i insmod' them)

In what order should the modules loaded to work properly? how can i test
them (if not oss-compatible)?

My GUS is OK under Doze95.

Thanx in advance & sorry for my english.
Mike.

Mit freundlichen Gr?áen, Mike Gerber.
Klinikrechenzentrum Freiburg