Re: Notification of incoming telnet sessions..

>> "MB" == Michael Beattie <mickyb@es.co.nz> writes:

MB> I want to be able to have some form of notification when a telnet
MB> connection is made to my linux box, most likely in the form of playing an
MB> appropriate .wav file. Having sysklogd sending all daemon connections to
MB> an unused terminal would do the second part... how I find out who/where
MB> it was. I can do that part myself. What I want to know, is how to do the
MB> former. Is it possible?

If you have X running, and are logged in, you could use the xlogmaster
package. You can then set up a regexp to find the telnet connections
in /var/log/daemon log. You can then tell xlogmaster zu play a sound,
or pop up a window, or execute a command.

There will be better suited solutions I believe.

Ciao,
	Martin