Re: NEW USER - mainframe connection

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, sam wrote:

> Can Linux connect to a IBM Mainframe - on windows I use software that has
> something called "TN3270" or a IRMA gateway allows me to connect via a
> VT100 like terminal. What package would work for this - it does not seem
> to be listed in the package descriptions.

x3270 - X11 program for telnet sessions to IBM mainframes

x3270 opens a telnet connection to an IBM mainframe host in an X11 window.
It can also connect to an IBM AS/400 as a 5250 terminal using the AS/400's
3270 emulation.  The window created by x3270 can use its own font for
displaying characters, so it is a fairly accurate representation of an IBM
3278 or 3279.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!