Re: Help with E-Mail

*-"James Robert Lunsford" <jrl007@comports.com>

| I'm lost here.  I've read the docs that came with smail and fetchmail but am
| totally confused.

My first piece of advice is to replace smail with exim. Not everyone
will agree with me, but I think it is better.

| If someone could give me some pointers, steps to follow, or signs to look
| for, I'd be really
| grateful.  A step by step setup guide would be great.  It doesn't have to be
| incredibly detailed
| but the more the better.

I'm sure we can guide you through, but we need a more detailed account of
your system. Are you on dialup or permanent connection? (and other things
that might be relevant)

Fetchmail shouldn't be too hard to set up. Here is a sample:

poll ifi.uio.no proto pop3 user olet password ********
mda "deliver olet"
fetchall

Note that I use 'deliver' instead of exim for local delivery. I can't
remember why. :-)

--
The only way tcsh "rocks" is when the rocks are attached to its feet
in the deepest part of a very deep lake.             (Linus Torvalds)