Re: Installation

>I am new to debian linux (not new to linux in general), and still trying to
>install debian 2.0.
>
>All kernels I tried to boot on my machine, hang after they found my CD-ROM
>drive (FreeBSD boots clearly)
>
>My setup is:
>ASUS SP98AGP-X
>K6-233
>Adaptec 2940UW (rev 1.32)
>2 x SCSI hardisks
>IDE-CDROM
>128MB
>Diamon Fire GL1000PRO (AGP)

I have the same problem. I've tried to install RedHat 4.2/5.0, Debian
1.3/2.0, Suse 5.1/5.2 and it never works. I've also tried with different
disks (all IDE): Master/Slave/Slave, Master/Slave, Master... and it always
stops in the same place:
    hda:.....
    hdb...... (which is the cdrom)
    hdd.....

My setup is
    Pentium MMX 200
    2xIDE harddisks (4.3 GB and 2.5)
    1 IDE cdrom drive
    64 MB

I've asked this question in hundreds of places (including Debian lists) and
only had an answer about specifying hard disk parameters to LILO. I tried
it, but still stops in the same place. Because of this error, I can use
Linux only on a 386 (well with 20 MB RAM, 2.5 GB hard disk, but still a 386,
so I cannot flavour completely the power of Linux).

Marcus, if you've got an answer from a different place, please tell me,
since sometimes I feel desperated for not being able to use Linux on this
machine, which would be a great thing.

Rodrigo