Re: ISDN Adapter or Eth Router or Serial

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Steven Udell wrote:

> Yea..and no..I am too far from the telco's switching building.
> 1000 Meters too far for ADSL..already cursed alot about this <g>
>
> ISDN is where I am headed...
> I'll read on.. just replying to the ADSL part...

We have had good luck at work with Ascend ISDN equipment. If you are on
metered ISDN (as opposed to Centrex ISDN) make sure you program that thing
to not pass netbios traffic. Otherwise the darned ISDN will dial up every
time someone with a Windows box on your network clicks "Network
Neighborhood".

The Ascend units used to be a bear to set up but have gotten better. Bay
Networks makes some good equipment too. Their Nautica Clam is pretty
popular with home workers around here.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!