Re: fs not umounted at CTL-ALT-DEL

> On Sun, Oct 25 1998, D'jinnie spake thus:
>
> > I had this problem right before my hd went bad :( It might be very prudent
> > to run fsck on it...
>
> hmm...i've only had this problem running 2.1.x kernels, not stock hamm 2.0.34.

I've seen it before on kernels prior to 2.1, but I don't recall exactly
which.  I think I've seen 2.0 kernels do it, as well as the prior (1.2?)
version.

I think I've seen it on both slackware & debian, as well.

When I"ve seen it, "rebooot" caused the abnorrmal shutdown, in which
e2fsck was necessary, while "shutdown -r now" worked fine, as (i believe)
the three fingered salute.  I never did figure out why, I just adjusted :)

rick