Re: gigabyte ga-6xds

I'm using a GA 6BXDS (but with only one processor till now), and it works
without any problems. Hamm, Kernel 2.0.34 accepts the AIC 7895 with one CD
and one IBM UW disk, even my LS 120.

This is even more interesting as Windoze (98 and NT) refused to install...

> Hallo again,
>     Is anyone using a Gigabyte GA-6XDS Motherboard? I know it comes with
> onboard SCSI (plus)
> but it uses an Adaptec 7895 chipset (minus). So I need to know how easy it
> it to use linux with this
> board. Is there a kernel that readily supports this chipset or is it better
> to purchase a separate SCSI
> card?
>
> thanks

Ciao,
Ingo

---
       Ingo Felger          felger@mathematik.uni-marburg.de
  PGP Fingerprint : D9 88 66 DB 93 B0 F6 B9  42 44 B9 1E 5A F1 32 C0

Keep emotionally active.  Cater to your favorite neurosis.