Re: exim/cron causes process pollution? Can't fork -> reboot

miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg) writes:

| Did you install a new sysklogd as well? It has known problems -
| install at least -30 and CERTAINLY NOT -28 or -29 !

Well, I had -27 which was the latest in my Debian mirror when I
updated packets. I upgraded to -30 now -- we'll see if that
fixes the problem. If not, I'll try George Bonser's suggestion
to limit exim's process usage (for some reason I suspect that
shouldn't be the problem, this sysklogd sounds a lot better
candidate.. I can easily imagine buggy sysklogd causing this
kind of behaviour with cron).

Many thanks to both of you,
//Hannu