Re: Waiting for scripts in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Moore, Paul wrote:

> What I'd like to do is to write a script which starts the PPP
> connection, then waits for all the ip-up.d scripts to run, and for my
> mail to finish arriving, and then drops the connection with poff
> (actually, I'd like it to ask me whether it was OK to go offline, and
> allow me to override, but that's not too hard).

 Well, could you add a script in ip-up.d that runs last, and checks to see
if mail is finished? This might solve part of your problem...

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248) 377-7735          ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other invention
  in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila."
                           Mitch Radcliffe