Can't connect to Novell network

'Tis true.  Do I need Caldera's client for this?  I think the basic problem
is below this, though.

I've compiled Olicom's token-ring network card driver into the kernel with
no problems.  Bootup gives apparently normal messages in this regard except
a test download failure.   I also get an SIOADDR(something or another) not
available message (I get this also under OS/2, but things still work OK ...
??).  I do have Novell support compiled (ipx?  IIRC), and net-base, etc, are
installed.

I tried to configure things when I first installed without recognizing that
we have a DHCP server (which is new for our LAN).  Later I tried to install
dhcpd.  This failed under dselect (as I've noticed other posts also
mention).  Is this failure due to no connection?

Might I need to remove or change the order of various parts of this in the
rc files?

I cannot ping a thing.  hosts and host.conf seem OK, as does resolv.conf.
Should anything be changed here?

Sorry I don't have a more complete description--I'm not sure what is needed
to understand the problem.  Is there some other info which would help me
figure this out?  Thanks very much!

Kenward
kvaughan@bc.cc.ca.us