Need help configuring network in Deb2.0

I finally got my initial installation to complete (no previous Linux
experience), but the network config isn't quite right.  The message
during boot says the network is unreachable and that eth0 isn't found.
All the other settings are okay.  Can some kind soul tell me how to get
Linux to recognize my 3-Com Enet card?

Thanks,

Jerry

Certus Consulting Group               | Specializing in Integrated Circuit
Antioch, CA 94509                     | Design and Verification, Logic
(925)757-0685                         | Synthesis, Fault Grading, and
<http://www.certus.com>               | Test Development