running X from a user account

	I am a fairly new Linux user with a question concerning using
startx from a user account.  When I try to execute startx from a user
account, I get the message:

xf86OpenConsole:Server must be running with root permissions
You should be using Xwrapper to start the server or xdm.  We strongly
advise against makeing the server SUID root.

I did go back and make sure the users had permission to start the X server
I am using (XF86_SVGA) and users do have executable permissions.  Could
someone give me some suggestion as to what I am doing wrong?  Thanks.

-Mike