Re: Need a HOT system. K7 and Linux?

> 9)  Please don't shoot me, but is anything bigger than a 17" monitor
> worth  it?

I wish I had bought one at work.  I use 1600x1200@76Hz on a ViewSonic PT775
17 inch monitor with a Matrox Millenium video card.

I can put an Emacs frame and an rxvt window side-by-side.

Fonts? I use 9x15 for both rxvt and Emacs, and they are quite readable.
I get 74 lines in my Emacs frames (great for coding or writing text).

Everything is just big enough, but 1600x1200 would be better in a 19 inch
monitor.

Bigger fonts at higher resolution are better than smaller fonts at lower
resolution, even if the higher resolution fonts turn out to be a little
bit smaller physically.

I don't understand people who but 21 inch monitors and run them at
1024x768.

My two cents.
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada