Re: FYI: DMA/33 and kernels

On Sun, 18 Oct 1998, Philip Thiem wrote:

> You'd be surprises how often that can happen.  I purchase from a
> wholesaler, and they don't check to see if the drives are good, though
> they have allways been good about replacing them.  Many resalers are
> similar, though some do do some testing.

Well, considering that I had exactly the same errors on two different
brands of drive on two different brands of motherboard and was able to fix
it in exactly the same way in both cases with the only thing common
between the two systems being Linux .... well, you get my point.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!