HDD sleep

I'm trying to set my system up so that I can leave the computer on while I
sleep. I discovered that a fair amount of the noise was caused by the
HDDs, and sending them to sleep made things a lot quiter. However, whilst
I can spin down the secondary HDD (/usr), the main one (/) only remains
asleep for 10 seconds or so, before spinning up again. Anyone have any
suggestions what I can do about this?

Also, does an eventual hdparm script go into /etc/rc.boot?
--
                   Dave Swegen <dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk>