sysklogd_1.3-29 is BROKEN was(Can't login as root)

*- Shin Ogino wrote about "Can't login as root"
| Hi,
|
| After updating a few packages with dselect and rebooting my machine, I
| am not able to login as root any more.  When I type root and its
| password on login prompt, I do not get any response. I have to use CTR-c
| to kill process.
|
| However, I can login as any other users except for root. I tried to run
| su and su - from a user, but after typing  password, I did not get
| anything.
|
| Does anyone have any idea of what is going on and how to fix this?
|
| Thanks a lot.
|
| Best,
| shin ogino

The sysklogd_1.3-29.deb package is seriously broken.  The maintainer is
working on a fix.  There is a thread on debian-devel right now
dealing with this with the thread subject of 'Something is f***ked'.

--
Brian
							   - unknown