Re: netscape4.x cannot read debian-user list archives

On Sat, 17 Oct 1998, Christopher Barry wrote:

> I had this problem to with an earlier Netscape. I'm using 4.06 right now
> (though there is 4.07) and it seems to work okay. By the way, the 4.5
> final came out just today. The only time I've ever had Linux *really*
> crash hard was with a 4.5 beta and it crashed anyways whenever I did a
> lot of rapid fire email deleating.
 I've installed already the 4.5 final and I have the same problem:
it cannot read the big archives debian-user (sept, august,...).
 May be I'll try 4.06 (but I've probably tried it, I don't remember).
 Of course I can use lynx, it works, but I am used to netscape.

> Christopher
>

> Jan Krupa wrote:
> >
> > I have installed netscape4.5b2 under debian2.0.
> >  When I try to read debian-user mailing list archives
> > (e.g. from September, august) first
> > time it's O.K. but next times on the same month archives
> > netscape just hangs I have to kill it (the archives are very big).
> >
> >  When I try to read much smaller archives (e.g. debian-changes,
> > September) it's all right.
> >
> > I had the same behavior using netscape4.x, but netscape3.x
The final 4.5 also cannot read debian-user archives.
> > reads the archives well.
> >
> > Jan Krupa

Jan