Re: login time limits in slink???

Hello:

I remember this problem. I think there is something in
one of the crontabs in /etc. Check it out in there.

Peter

Paul Crowley wrote:

> Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:
>
> > anyone know what it is in slink which is enforcing idle-timeout and daily
> > time limits on serial lines?
> >
> > i've hunted all over (even to the point of grepping every file in /etc,
> > /bin, /usr/bin, /sbin, /usr/sbin) for it and can't find it anywhere.
> >
> > how do i turn it off?  i don't want time limits.
>
> I don't have this problem, and I haven't installed idled:

>  Idled is a "daemon" that runs on a machine to keep an eye on current
>  users.  If users have been idle for too long, or have been logged on
>  for too long, it will warn them and log them out appropriately.
> --
>   __
> \/ o\ paul@hedonism.demon.co.uk         Edinburgh fetish club Permission \ /
> /\__/ Paul Crowley      Nov 8 http://www.hedonism.demon.co.uk/permission /~\
>
> --
begin:          vcard
fn:             Peter Iannarelli
n:              Iannarelli;Peter
org:            GenX Internet Laboratories Inc.
adr:            20 Madison Ave.;;;Toronto;Ontario;M5R 2S1;Canada
email;internet: Peter.Iannarelli@genxl.com
title:          Engineer
tel;work:       1+ 416 929 1885
tel;fax:        1+ 416 929 1056