Re: DebainNet.pm location

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998 wb4mle@mindspring.com wrote:

> Can someone please point me to the package in the unstable
> distribution that contains the DebianNet.pm perl module. It must have
> been on the system at one time as the manpage is here and netstd has
> updated before. Not now! Thanks..

dpkg -S is your friend here.

It is in netbase and is installed in /usr/lib/perl5/.  The problem appears
to be that @INC doesn't include that path:

Can't locate DebianNet.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.005 /usr/lib/perl5/5.005
/usr/local/lib/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at
/usr/sbin/update-inetd line 23.

I copied this file to a directory which is in the @INC path and was able
to install the netstd upgrade.  I had a similar problem with tetex-base
and tetex-bin not installing because of the @INC path not containing
Dpkg/Package/List.pm

Bug #27604 has been filed on this and is marked as critical, so it has a
high priority for being fixed, but you might try the workaround I
described above.

Bob

----