Re: keyboard question

On Tue, Oct 13, 1998 at 10:45:39PM +0100, tracheotomy_bob wrote:
> Anybody know where I can purchase a 'normal' 102 key English (British)
> keyboard, not some goddamn
> windows 9x keyboard job. I've got a windows one at the mo. 'cos you can't
> get anything else.

I picked up one of the older (1994) IBM/Lexmark keyboards with the removable
keycaps in their original packaging for about $18 at a computer fair.
(The keycaps will let you rearrange the keys easily if wanted to make a Dvorak
or other layout just to mess people up)  I also could have gotten the same
keyboard out of a big box for around $6 or so as long as I was willing to find
the missing caps and make sure everything worked.

I was having the same frustration of buying a Win95 keyboard when I had
absolutely no intention of running it.  I told myself I could remap them to
the equivalent functions in X, but now that I've had to use one, Bleah!

Chris