cxterm?

I have a number of Chinese users in my department here, and they
requested that I install 'cxterm' so they can look at chinese-encoded
email and files, etc.

However, I downloaded the latest version of cxterm,
ftp://ftp.cs.purdue.edu/pub/ygz/cxterm-5.0.tar.gz, and attempted to
build it...

It fails to build cxterm with a series of

main.c:967: `ICRNL' undeclared (first use this function)
main.c:967: `IXON' undeclared (first use this function)
main.c:968: `OPOST' undeclared (first use this function)

errors, so it's missing a bunch of termio stuff.  Looking at the
main.c file, I can see that it trying to use sys/termio.h:

#ifdef USE_TERMIOS
#include <termios.h>
/* this hacked termios support only works on SYSV */
#define USE_SYSV_TERMIO
#define termio termios
#undef TCGETA
#define TCGETA TCGETS
#undef TCSETA
#define TCSETA TCSETS
#else /* USE_TERMIOS */
#ifdef SYSV
#include <sys/termio.h>
#endif /* SYSV */
#endif /* USE_TERMIOS else */

If I define USE_TERMIOS, it compiles further, but fails with a

main.c:1147: `VDSUSP' undeclared (first use this function)

I'm a little short on termios.h/termio.h knowledge.  So... Does anyone
have any pointers on getting this program compiled?  Or has anyone
successfully built it on a Debian 2.0 box?

(I'd work on packaging it but cxterm is most definitely non-free).

Thanks.

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student/Sysadmin
bofh@me.umn.edu				University of MN, ME Dept