Re: enlightenment

Christopher J. Morrone wrote:

> How do I start the enlightment window manager under Debian?  I have tried
> all kinds of .xinitrc, .xsession files but I just don't seem to be getting
> it right, my old fvwm2 manager still starts up...

chmod 754 ~/.xsession

if you're using xdm,

chmod 754 ~/.xinitrc

if you're using startx.

This ensures that the eXecutable file permission is set, otherwise
it won't be run as a script[1].  I just figured this one out myself.
I just kept staring and staring at it.  Why wouldn't it work!  Aggh!
:)

[1] for those interested, it's run by a start up script:
/etc/X11/Xsession

--
balderdash.