root partition deleted (resolved, hopefully)

Following my numerous emails in my efforts to restore my machine
I would like to thank everybody who respondd to my questions .
I have managed to salvage my data but not my system since I did a total
reinstallation. Anything less that that would not work. However
compared to my experience with Debian 1.1 which was the first distribution
I installed debian 2.0 is greatly susperior I installed all the sysem
(i chose the sceintific suggestion from th initial configuration)
in less than two hours.

Thanks again
George

George Kapetanios