XMCD causing memory faults

HI,

I am getting a memory fault when I run XMCD.  I have a Panasonic/Matshita
CR-587 cd-rom which works fine with Debian, ie. I transfer files from cd to
hard drive even audio files.  I have a awe64 soundcard which works fine
also, I just used my mic to record 4 sec of noise and played it back and it
was fine.  My question is why am I getting memory faults when trying to run
XMCD?  I followed all direction for installing both cd-rom and soundcard to
the letter and I configured XMCD.  Any ideas to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Toby
toby@cs.mun.ca