Re: [Debian] Installing debian on a Toshiba 490XCDT

Hi, Nico!

> I'm trying to install Debian on a Toshiba 490XCDT.  unfortunately
> the machine keeps rebooting after "Linux......".  I tried creating
> a Tecra rescue disk (resc1440tecra.bin) but that doesn't help.

I believe you already solved the problem, but anyway here is my solution:
I installed linux on Thinkpad 380xd, the only appropriate way was to use
loadlin, and boot disk from Win95 running in Dos mode.  As disk was fat16,
there was actually no problem.  Booting form diskette or LILO failed in the
same way you discribed.

Sasha.