Re: Python

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Ruud de Bruin wrote:

 : I noticed the slink distribution contains an older release of Python than
 : the stable distribution has. Furthermore:
 :
 : Python-examples is dependent of Python-base 1.5.1-3.1
 : Python-base is version 1.5.1-3
 :
 : Could this be the reason why Python canot be installed from slink? I would
 : expect slink would contain a more recent version of Python than in stable...

Hm, indeed. Kinda strange, maybe the maintainer has his reasons for it,
you could mail python-base@packages.debian.org about it.

If you're using apt, you could have something like this in
/etc/apt/source.list:

    deb file:/net/debian hamm main contrib non-free
    deb file:/net/debian slink main contrib non-free

Now apt (dselect) will use the newest version of the package, and it doesn't
matter if it's in hamm or slink.

 -Remco