Re: ***HUGE*** security hole??!! (Re: Lost root passwd)

When Steve Lamb wrote, I replied:

> On Mon, 12 Oct 1998 14:58:39 +0100, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:
>
> >>This is a security hole ONLY if someone has access to the machine
> >>itself.

These techniques are useable on any computer running any operating
system
not just Linux or UNIX.  Physical access to the machine means that you
have no security.  And as others have pointed out, if someone REALLY
wants
your data and the machine is turned on, it's extremely difficult to
secure
your data.   Possible, but expensive.