Hello, problems with installing

Hello,

	I am having problems installing the kernel images and source
from the CD-ROM.  The reason that I want this section, is due to the fact
that the present kernal from the intial install does NOT recongnize the
CD-ROM drive, thus I can not add or upgrade any of the packages that
reside on it.  I have tried copying the necessary parts on to the hard
drive and then install in from there, but I can not get it to accept most
of the packages with out the errorlevel 1 or 2 coming up.

	The system specs are as follows:

	CPU: 	Cyrix 5x86 100MHz
	Bus:	PCI
	Sound card:	Sound Blaster Pro (compatible) a220 i5 d1 t4
	CDROM:	TEAC	CD-55
	Floppies:	3.5"
	Hard Drives: 1.2 Gb Bigfoot and 4.0 Gb Western Digital
	root location:	hdc7 (on Western Digital)
	DEbian Version:	2.0
	Controler location:	on motherboard
	Memory:		24 Mb
	Operating systems on machine:	MSDOS 7.0 and Win 95 version A
	booting method:  floppy (3.5")

Thanks!

----Craig Kimmer