Re: Problems installing Debian

I have never seen this particular behavior before.  However, strange
problems during installation from floppys is often attributable to
corupt floppys.  The rawwrite or dd process usually used to make installation
floppys from downloaded images does not tolerate bad media very well.

I suggest remaking your rescue disk on a different floppy.  But first, check
the floppy for bad sectors by formatting it under dos or whatever, or any
other method you find convienient.  Even better, use a new floppy, if you
have one handy, checking it for bad sectors first.

Hope this helps

Mike