Re: Setting size that windows start as

Most X apps accept a "-geometry" flag which you give the arguments as:
xemacs -geometry 80x24+100+100
	or
netscape -geometry 800x600+0+0

The first two numbers are the window's dimensions. For most apps, such
as Netscape, this is the pixel size, but for many text oriented apps
such as xterms and emacsen it's the columns and rows. The second 2
numbers are how far the window is offset in pixels from the upper left
corner of the screen, position +0+0.

Christopher