Re: ftpd

On Sun, Oct 11, 1998 at 01:26:26AM -0500, Default Debian Reader wrote:
> I have put a sym link in /home/ftp to some other directory on my machine.
> However when doing ftp and loging in anonymously and i try to the cd to
> the symlink it says no such file or directory.  Can anyone help?  Thanks
> much.

A working approach for you may be to change the home directory of the
user named "ftp" to the directory to which you have the symlink.

I do this for my computer: All my ftp files are in a directory with
some monstor path.  For security reasons ftp daemons are not supposed
to follow symlinks (I think), so I could not link /home/ftp to my said
monster path.  Instead, I edited ftp's entry in /etc/passwd, changing
home home directory field to the path appropriate to my files.

Maybe that helps?
Good luck,
Matt