DOOM on hamm

I just upgraded to HAMM, and would like to verify that my DOOM problems
are expected and that my solution is the right one.

HAMM seems to come only with X-doom (linuxxdoom). It seems to work OK
but I have to start an 8-bit XServer (I have an ATI Mach64 Graphics Pro
Turbo). I don't have a 320x200 mode; I don't know if the driver supports
one. Is there no longer Doom for SVGA?

To get my old-old SVGA-doom to work (linuxsdoom) I had to re-install
aout-svgalib_1.2.10-5.deb from BO, and now it works again.

--
...RickM...