Re: help(newbie): emacs20 install

Hello M.c.,

ÐÇÆÚÁù, 10 ʮԠ98, you wrote:

MCV> Dear Zhaoway,

MCV>         I think the problem is partly that you're trying to
MCV> install emacs19 and emacs20: this will make things unhappy.
MCV> Purge one or the other. Installing the emacs20-el package
MCV> should created those files your lacking.

I've purged both emacs19 and emacs20 and corisponding -el's
(Since xemacs20 works, I didn't touch it.)
Then --install emacs20,
again,  it  failed  at
"/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup.el missing"
Then I tried --install emacs20-el,
but this depends on emacs20, so have not been succeed, yet.

I think the trouble is probably because
I'd --purge'd emacs for some ambiguity reason, and then
rm -rf /usr/share/emacs
'cause I thought i would not need them.
It probably caused the trouble.
But, anyway, how could I get out of here?
Any help?

MCV> HTH,

MCV> Matthew

Best regards,