Re: ***HUGE*** security hole??!! (Re: Lost root passwd)

But people can always yank the power cord.  Follow Paul's advice -- make the
machine physically in-accessible.  Lock it, fence it in, whatever.  Locking
racks is also nice.  That way people can't even see the machine, just a big
cabinet.

What if it is a workstation in a lab?  Then disable as much as you can.  Make
sure bios is safe if it is a x86 box.  This is why real workstations are nice
-- they are much more secure than x86 PC's.