Re: Internet via Proxy-Server?

On Sat, 10 Oct 1998 11:04:03 +0200, Norbert Nemec wrote:

>my ISP (GermanyNet) offers Internet Services only via a Proxy-Server.
>Is there any way to use this Debian-wide? Only way I could find out was

Yes. You could recompile your kernel to include transparent proxy support. This
would automagically redirect all connection attempts to the corresponding proxy
servers.

>Can I configure lynx to use a proxy? or ftp, dftp, etc.?

Lynx: yes, ncftp: yes.

Unfortunately I cannot tell you out of my memory how this works.

If I remember correctly Lynx has a global config file where you can define your
proxy. NCFTP can be configured interactively by invoking a command (props?
config?).

--
Ralf G. R. Bergs * Welkenrather Str. 100/102 * 52074 Aachen * Germany
+49-241-876892, +49-241-877776 (fax) * rabe@rwth-aachen.de  * PGP ok!