Re: How to get into an ftp site

Wilson Tuma <wilson@fpvc.com> writes:
Wilson> I finally configures ppp on my linux system to dail my isp. I
Wilson> even configured as a dns server and it is working find.  I
Wilson> tried to do ftp ftp.debian.org I got connected only I am being
Wilson> asked for a users name and password.
Wilson>
Wilson> Please what is the user name and password you need to connect
Wilson> to the debian fpt site and download application packages.

In general, you'll use a username of 'anonymous' (or possibly 'ftp')
and your email address as a password.  This is conventional for most
FTP sites that allow anonymous FTP.

--
/                             \       "Dad was reading a book called